A Big Tip to Boost Productivity!
Super Productive People Wake up Early
If it is true that the cock crows with the morning sun, uber-productive individuals could act as alarm clocks for that very rooster. Productive people understand the value of getting up earlier than their peers and competition.
An old saying goes, “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
That early up time often means an early quitting time for the truly productive person, and by waking before the rest of the world, you have fewer distractions and impediments to keeping you from achieving your daily goals.
Place your alarm clock across the room from where you sleep, so that you have to physically leave your bed in the morning to shut it off. Once you are up, tell yourself you are up for good.
Many people benefit from a sunrise clock. For example, one producer (Phillips) provides the following description, “A gradual wake up light that simulates sunrise that wakes you up slowly and gently, like an early morning sun’s rays softly kissing on your face to calmly wake you up”.
Here are some additional tips:
- Create a routine to ease yourself into alertness. For example, drink a glass of water that is by your bed or switch on your favorite music, newscast or podcast.
- Pre-plan your day with one interesting activity, so you have something to look forward to.
- Get support. Plan to meet or call a friend who is an early riser.
- Recognize your progress and achievement. Place a checklist near you bed and keep track of the time you arise.
- Have realistic goals. Start small. Perhaps identifying the one or two days a week you want to arise early.
- Keep the morning decision-making simple. Put out the clothes you will wear, especially if there are special events.
- Ensure that you have a healthy breakfast ready. For example, some people preparing easy-to-eat, hard-boiled eggs or making a pot of oatmeal and dividing it into a few portions.
If you seek productivity, then consider arising early and getting a few things done. You’ll feel productive and motivated to get on with the day. In addition, feeling productive is a great way to reduce stress and feel more satisfied with life in general.
Get my free app with tips for conquering the 8 demons of distraction at your fingertips (i-phone or android) http://gerimarkel.com/productivity-store/
Click Here for Great Resources from Dr. Geri Markel
Dr. Markel Offers Leadership and ADHD Coaching
Download Dr. Markel’s Speaker One Sheet: GeriMarkelCorporateOneSheet-Print
Book Dr. Markel to Speak at Your Next Event? Connect Today!